Old’e world charm
Built in 1905 by Sidney Herbert Adley, during the “Ostrich feather boom period” (1886 to 1914) this magnificent sandstone Victorian mansion is situated on an acre of land in a quiet up market residential area with in walking distance from the town centre and Oudtshoorn’s famous restaurants.
Relax in our manicured English gardens and pools, bird watching and enjoying the “Old’e world charm”
Sidney Herbert Adley bequeathed “Adley house” to the SA War memorial fund in 1948. It became the home of 16 Polish orphans under supervision of Major McMoran & his good lady. After finishing High school in the early sixties Adley house was sold. Some of these Polish orphans settled in SA and from time to time visit Adley house, the only home they really knew, and tell us stories form their childhood in Oudtshoorn at Adley house. We bought Adley house in 1989 & undertook the arduous task of restoration. Hilda started a bed & breakfast with only 2 rooms in 1994 and because of its popularity it has developed into to a 4 star guesthouse with 14 rooms.
Fourteen en-suite individually decorated rooms, with modern individual air conditioners, TV’s, tea and coffee making facilities, fully stocked bar fridges, overhead fans, toiletries and also a daily laundry service.
Hilda bakes fresh bread rolls or “vetkoek” every morning, a variety for home cooked SA jams, fresh fruit, cheese board, a variety of cereals and a cooked breakfast of your choice, traditionally South African with yoghurt, fresh fruit juice, tea and coffee.